At recent Wyche VISION meetings we have discussed the importance of community forums, especially for small communities.
Wycheproof VISION Inc., as a community forum, is an overarching group for volunteers providing such things as indemnity insurance, governance, banking and financial management and postal address for groups that are members or subcommittees. We aim to assist groups and residents via liaison with Buloke Shire, grant applications and project management.
Members of the forum are passionate about out town and community and we welcome the ideas and vision of all residents. Meetings are on the third Tuesday of each month. If you have a great idea or concern about anything in Wycheproof and can't attend a meeting, then please talk to a member of Wyche VISION, write in so that your idea or concern can be discussed at a meeting or call me on 0407 844 904 to chat about how you can participate.
The work of Wycheproof VISION covers five areas:
- Community connectedness--including production of the Wyche On Track newsletter, managing the community website, social media on Facebook, Locals who Lunch group, Swimming Pool Committee, Youth Group support, and projects such as the BMX track, walking tack around the mount, condom vending machine.
- Heritage -- the Railway precinct, working with Wycheproof Historical Society, heritage streetscape and trees
- Sustainability-- Chamber of Commerce, Friends of Mt Wycheproof, aviaries Centenary Park, Broadway retail precinct streetscape, Buloke Tourism, supporting Landcare initiatives, bindii walks
- Fundraising-- grant submission to enable events, publications and projects
- Liaison -- Buloke Council, East Wimmera Health Service, regional authorities, Victorian Government departments.
While not everyone is interested in every aspect of the work of Wyche VISION, there is probably something that is of interest. I am interested in community connectedness and this is my focus. By breaking down the work of Wycheproof VISION into the above categories we hope that residents will see an area or project they are interested in or have skills to offer.
For Wycheproof to keep growing we need to have a TEAM presence ...