Please RSVP names to Amanda, phone M: 0407 844 904. Everyone is welcome. Bring a friend or if you have visitors bring them along.
Chamber Chatter with Tracy
Continuing in October, Chamber Bingo week!. This is ‘shop local’ initiative. To enter, make a cash, or card, purchase at a participating local business (minimum spend $5).
Congratulations to Elaine Ison, winner of September’s ‘single line’ draw.
▪ Mt Wycheproof Cup weekend Broadway Festival on Sunday 30 October: a festival of fine food from Wycheproof businesses, plant and craft stalls and music. An initiative of the Wycheproof Chamber of Commerce.
Mt Wycheproof Cup
Derby Day in the Country tickets and marquee packages are now available. Book on line, or buy tickets at Elders or Wycheproof Community Resource Centre. For information phone 03 5032 2110.
Clean up town blocks
Buloke Council will begin its annual fire hazard inspections in townships the first week of October.If properties are overgrown or are a hazard, owners could receive a Fire Prevention Notice and face a fine. Grass should be slashed to 100m height, loose timber stacked and flammable rubbish removed.
Queries to the Buloke Council’s Fire Prevention Officer phone 1300 520 520
Celebrating 125 years : Wycheproof Agricultural Show
A great afternoon of entertainment is planned for this year’s milestone Wycheproof Show marking 125 years.
Highlights will include:
- · Mens Scone Cook-off
- · Decorated Bra competition a fundraiser for the Wycheproof Cancer Support Group. Entry fee $3 per bra
- · See Eddie Freeman, a world champion chainsaw sculptor produce marvellous animals from large blocks of wood. Some sculptures will be on sale on the day.
- · Parkers Mini Circus features performing birds, rabbits, Alfie the clown, trick cyclist puppets and games. The circus is the only show of its kind in Australia.
- · The ever popular Ray Dalton is back to judge the Antiques and Collectables section in the Miscellaneous Pavilion. He will be available during the afternoon to appraise antique items.
- · Scarecrow competition various sections. Sponsored by Wycheproof VISION
The first 100 people who buy their membership ticket prior to the Show will receive a special show-bag. The calico bag full of goodies features the new logo specially designed by Steff Mill for the 125th Show.
Tickets can be purchased at the WCRC or in the street on the Friday before the show, or phone Jan on 54937382.
Rev. David Thompson Uniting Church minister
The Uniting Church of the North Central Living Waters Cluster incorporating the churches of Birchip, Donald, St Arnaud-Stuart Mill, and Wycheproof welcomes Rev. David Thompson, and his wife Kate. They will be taking up residence in Donald but lead worship and undertake pastoral work throughout the whole area.
Rev. Thompson will lead his first worship service in the Cluster on Sunday 16 October 9am at Birchip and later that morning at 11am at Wycheproof. The Wycheproof Uniting Church congregation welcome all visitors to this service.
On Sunday 23 October at 2pm a special service of induction into our Loddon Mallee Presbytery and our Cluster will be held at Donald. All are welcome to attend the ceremony and there will be an opportunity to meet Rev. Thompson over refreshments.
Wycheproof Community Resource Centre AGM
Monday 24 October at 6pm.
Guest speaker: Jess Orr, Rural Development Coordinator- Southern Mallee, Youth Affairs Council Victoria (YACVIC)
Supper provided RSVP phone 03 54937455